A technique that has become increasingly popular in recent years, scalp tattoo micropigmentation is an effective way of combatting the issue of hair loss. Providing a natural looking aesthetic using the careful application of pigments to mimic real hairlines, here we’re going to look at what’s involved and the results you can expect.
What is scalp micropigmentation?
This is a non-invasive procedure that involves the careful use of natural pigments, applied to the head like a tattoo in a way that best mimics the look of real hair. This procedure is usually carried out over three separate sessions, each a week apart to allow for the scalp to heal with minimal sensitivity. It’s a treatment that works for both men and women of any skin type with any stage of hair loss and the results are immediately visible after the last session is concluded.
Uses of scalp micropigmentation
This treatment is used to combat any and all types of hair loss, helping to restore the look of a natural hairline. Here are a few examples of how it’s used:
· Treating a receding hairline to bring your hairline back to its natural placement, creating a more youthful aesthetic.
· Scalp micropigmentation cancer treatments can help diminish the visual impact of the effects of chemotherapy.
· It can be applied directly to the crown, helping restore confidence for those suffering balding of the crown.
· Complete baldness treatments can help in cases like alopecia, creating a natural shaved head look, including the creation of a naturally placed hairline.
· Scalp micropigmentation with long hair can be used to hide the impact of bald patches, helping to add density
· Micropigmentation can also be used to disguise or cover up any kind of scar, including donor scars on the back of the head.
If you want to know how effective scalp micropigmentation might be for you, arrange a consultation so you can learn more about the treatment and your specific circumstances.
How long do the effects last?
Though not a permanent treatment, scalp micropigmentation is extremely long-lasting. There’s no definitive lifespan for the treatment, which does begin to fade over time, but in most cases, it can retain its natural look for 3-5 years before a follow-up treatment can help refresh it. In some cases, however, it can last as long as 10 years.
Does it hurt?
Scalp micropigmentation is different from a scalp tattoo and does not cause anywhere near as much pain, though some discomfort can be expected during the process. Certain areas of the scalp, like where the hairline naturally is, are more sensitive and may hurt slightly more, but topical anaesthetics can be applied to numb the area, so discomfort is drastically diminished. The scalp can remain sensitive for some time after treatment, so a week’s recovery is recommended, during which the redness will diminish, and any initial scabbing should heal completely.
If you want to learn more about scalp tattoo micropigmentation, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Nicole Zysk on 07500 771 693 or 020 8001 3127. Together, we can address any questions or concerns, get into the aftercare process, and arrange a free consultation to see whether this treatment works best for you.