How Long Does Permanent Makeup Last? 10 tips
For those of you that asked how long does permanent makeup last,
Usually permanent makeup would last between four to eight years depending on the procedure and skin type.
Here Are Ten Tips to ensure your Permanent Makeup lasts for a long time
- No suntanning or sunbeds for at least fourteen days after your procedure. UV rays are not only harmful to your skin but can also speed up ageing and fade your permanent makeup, If you do wish to tan after your procedure make sure to do so in moderation and use the appropriate creams and lotions that will protect your skin, after treatment your procedure might appear bold and slightly swollen but this will fade and reduce as the area heals.
- In this day and age it is very common for clients wishing to maintain their fitness levels, this is great, but you must take it easy after your treatment and try to avoid strenuous workouts that can induce sweating as the salt from the sweat can fade your results.
- Try to avoid botox treatment for at least 14 days after your makeup procedure for best results.
- Avoid bathing for 14 days after your procedure for risk of infection, having a shower is preferred, but try to avoid saturating or soaking the area that has been treated and make sure to use the suitable lotions like Vaseline or bepanthen 3 x daily until the area has fully healed.
- If possible try not to sleep on the area that has been worked on for 14 days for one it might be uncomfortable and two you do not want to aggravate the area until it has healed up properly.
- No swimming or soaking in water as the chlorine from the pool and salt from the sea can fade your permanent makeup treatment.
- Stay out of saunas or steam rooms or conditions that can cause you to perspire or generate excessive body heat.
- Do not scratch or rub the area that has been treated as this can cause scarring and result in pigmant loss, let your treatment heal naturally if the area becomes itchy simply apply the lotions already mentioned bepanthen, Vaseline, Your make up can be used as normal but NOT over the area that has had the procedure, do not apply any cosmetics to the area for 14 days do NOT use makeup remover around the treated area whilst in the healing process.
- Arrange a top up procedure for 6 months in advance if required this will enhance what you already have.
- If you have oily skin the procedure might have to be performed a couple of times to reach the desired effect and results you wish to achieve. We hope this article has been helpful and informative for you on helping you and if you have any more questions or queries on how long does permanent Makeup last or semi permanent make up and micropigmantation please get in touch with the makeup specialist Nicole Zysk who is always available to answer or help you book your appointment.